After living in “high altitude” for 4 years and having nothing turn out quite right. I am happy to once again be closer to sea level and having my recipes turn out great once again.
That being the case we now almost always have a full cookie jar…is that a good or bad thing? You be the judge.
I have tweaked this recipe over the years getting it just right, and they have been called by some “crack cookies” because you just can’t stop eating them!
I have also made them vegan in the past and they turn out great!
All I did replace the butter with Earth Balance and the egg with Ener-G egg replacer. As for the chips I just have always used a super dark chip that are vegan by default.
Anyhow try it out for yourself!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2. 1/4 C Flour
- 3/4 C White Sugar
- 3/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 8 TBSP (1 Stick) of Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips
- In a small bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add both sugars and softened butter. Cream them together.
- Add in vanilla and eggs and beat till combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips (start with 1/2 bag and keep adding until you have a ratio you like…we like alot of chips so I use a full bag)
- Scoop out dough into 2TBSP balls and place onto a cookie sheet…leave some space.
- Cook for 14 min at a 375 oven.
NOTES: Play with the cook times, it varies from oven to oven. I have done anywhere from 12-14 min.